- The Microsoft vision is to get the BI to everyone
- There a 3 kinds of BI: personal BI (user context, local machine), team BI (team context, power users, SharePoint), corporate BI (org. Context, structured data models, dashboards, SQL Server)
- The focus in this session is on corporate BI
- Complex business logic and security
- Needs team of IT resources
- The data is king and must be accurate to be trusted by users.
- the example uses a combination of PerformancePoint dashboard (the show the filters) and Excel services to visualize the data.
- The best tool for printing reports is SSRS.
- You can schedule the reports and receive then in you inbox daily for example.
This was a nice session with a real live example of using BI with SharePoint.