This year I attended the SharePoint Best Practices conference in London for the first time. It was the first conference of that size dedicated to one topic (SharePoint) that I attended. I loved it. Great sessions, great atmosphere, excellent location!
During the conference I was one of the “live bloggers”. I covered a few of the sessions I followed. This are the posts I wrote:
- An executive guide to SharePoint
- The content type model
- Invent the future by inventing productivity
- Controlling who can use SharePoint designer
- Migrating a corporate intranet to SharePoint
I also tweeted a lot during the conference, this were some of my impressions:
- What I learned of the #bpcuk so far? That #Howest is on the good#SharePoint track!
- A SharePoint specialist needs a lot of soft skills #bpcuk
- twitter is the number 3 search engine, behind Google & Bing… beating Yahoo… amazing really #bpcuk
- Users like to collect things, use it to drive user adaption. #bpcuk
- SharePoint is a business enabler. #bpcuk
- Replace "send" with "post", blog instead of email. #bpcuk
- The future is not a place you go, it’s a place you invent #bpcuk