Recently we started rolling out Office 2013 to our employees and soon we ran into problems with the integration with the Sharepoint 2010 environment.
When a user opened a document from SharePoint it worked but when he/she wanted to open another document the browser gave an error saying that it didn’t found a compatible Office installation to open the document.
We started to search the net and found a lot of articles about this problem and ended up here:
We repaired, unsinstalled, reinstalled,.. nothing worked until my colleague found this article:
We added a multi-string value in the register at this location:
Named it “x86\2067” (2067 is the language code for Belgium) and edited it with this value: yh1BVXkAB$!!!!!MKKSkProductFilesIntl_1043>+(D$S’EC[@g%u`][c!sx
Et voilà, that did the trick!
EDIT: If that didn’t work, try this hotfix: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2726997/en-us